Sunday, May 25, 2014

Ransomed

Often, I would reach for the phone to call mom... and there is not a day that passes where I wish I could text her... or FaceTime her... we never had that luxury when I was on the other side of the world. And I wish we had. Yet... I know that God works for His glory, and if He is glorified in my mother's suffering and death, than I shall be content knowing that every moment spent was honorable. Even in her pain. On her deathbed, my mother reflected the love of Jesus. And she left that legacy of love in her children. She left that legacy of love to a lost and dying world, through us. May God bless you and enrich your life with love. And peace. And joy. Although I have loss... I have also gained... Gained an appreciation for God's will. And not my own. I don't reach for the phone anymore. I reach for my Bible. I call out to God. I beg for His mercy. And His promises, are just that- promises. Unending love. Amazing grace.