Monday, February 23, 2009

listening

I have learned a lot about listening. And I believe completely that God talks to us through that "little voice" that we know is there. It's not a whisper, it's not anything physical- but it causes physical reactions. It's a feeling... and a thought- at the same time. It all comes at the same time. And as a Christian, I can react to it, or remain quiet. Unfortunately, I tend to remain quiet. When I knew in my soul that momma was becoming critical- and I had thoughts... I did what I could to follow through. But of course, I didn't do enough... and I think about those thoughts now and it all makes sense. God was trying to tell me... but I didn't listen and react like I should have. Why Lord? Why didn't you just slap me in the face? Why didn't you knock me to the ground so that I would follow through on what I knew you were telling me?

I praise the Lord daily that momma is not suffering anymore... that comforts my soul.